Opportunities at Solvang Olive Press
LEAD OLIVE OIL & BALSAMIC BARISTA, SERVING, SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
June 19, 2020
463 Alisal Road, Solvang, California, 93463
Phone 805 746-4141
Please email resume and cover letter to Zdena Jiroutova and Michael Mendizza, email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!
We’re looking for highly motivated, positive lovers of people and food to join our mission. If you love challenges, taking action and want to help share enjoyment of quality cuisine and great nutrition, see our open positions.
The Solvang Olive Press creates a Disneyland experience for your taste buds, featuring the highest standards for Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the world plus barrel aged Balsamic from Modena, Italy. It simply does not get any better with flavor pairing-combinations that are irresistible. What we do best is creating this customer experience and education. Visitors are overwhelmed with all the choices. Our challenge, and the key to our success, is to greet, inform, guide and expand the tasting experiences we offer in ways that delight each different customer. Everything else comes second.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Introduce a steady stream of visitors to new taste sensations; share samples, inform, educate and enchant new guests with information that helps them appreciate why this flavor experience is so yummy; take orders and manage the sales register, keep the displays sparkling and restocked.
• Have a great, happy, positive feeling about life and people. No joke, you must be happy!
• Know what it means to create a fun, wonderful discovery experience for every customer.
• Have a love for food and an eye for detail.
• Have a Service mindset.
• Be flexible to work a variety of shifts.
• Be curious, intrinsically driven, a lifelong learner.
• Take pride in everything you do.
• Possess a team spirit.
• Be professional in appearance and demeanor.
• Be trustworthy, honest, dependable, organized and detailed oriented.
• Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• Keep work area neat and clean.
• Accurately ring sales and maintain accurate bank during cash transactions.
• Be able to communicate, speak and write clearly in English.
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Have a California driver's license.
• Prior hospitality, restaurant and handling of varied duties preferred.
• Food Handler (or be willing to qualify)
Required work authorization:
• United States
Solvang Olive Press is guided by a purpose: to inspire well-being and delight through connection and hands on tasting experience. We offer an environment where employees can thrive. We strive for a joyful workplace that fosters individual growth, both personally and professionally.
- Provide Profit Sharing Bonus, Paid Time Off, Employee Discount
- Communicate Our Vision
- Keep It Simple
- Inspire Creativity
- Engage and Team with People
- Communicate Openly
- Tell the Truth, with Authenticity and Kindness
- Nurture Growth in Ourselves and Others
- Create a Joyful Atmosphere